Silversonic is an ultramodern power catamaran that takes you to 3 stunning and exclusive dive sites at the world famous Agincourt Reef on the very outer edge of the Great Barrier Reef. The coral here runs in ‘ribbons’ parallel to the Continental Shelf and is recognised as amoung the most pristine eco-systems on the reef.
Travelling at up to 32 knots on this custom built, ultra-smooth cat means you are out at the dive sites quickly and have 5 hours to make the most of the spectacular reef. Silversonic can choose between a range of reef mooring points and will select the very best locations given the conditions on any given day.
As well as great snorkelling, Silversonic offers introductory and certified scuba diving that includes drift and wall dives, bommies, pinnacles and swim-throughs. It doesn’t get much better than this.
If you are in Port Douglas between May and September you might even see a dwarf minke or humpback whale or two. Silversonic is one of the few operators with a licence that allows its guests to swim with the dwarf minke whales if they are encountered. Believe us when we say that makes for an unforgettable experience!
You can do scuba diving at one, two or three of the sites visited each day. There are additional costs based on how many scuba dives you do:
- Introductory Scuba Dive: 1 dive – $67, 2 dives – $132
- Certified Scuba Dive (all equipment provided): 1 dive – $50, 2 dives – $70, 3 dives – $86
- Certified Scuba Dive (tanks & weights only provided): 1 dive – $40, 2 dives – $60, 3 dives – $76
These charges are in addition to the base snorkelling and cruise charge.
Your Silversonic Tour in summary:
- Return transfers from Port Douglas accommodation are included
- Board at Reef Marina from 8.15am (Check-in at the Quicksilver counter inside the Marina)
- Visit 3 exclusive dive sites at the Agincourt outer reef system
- You have 5 hours out at the reef
- Snorkelling, Introductory Scuba Diving and Certified Scuba Diving available
- Morning tea including tea and coffee, muffins and focaccia
- Tropical buffet lunch with prawns
- Afternoon tea with cake, cheese and biscuits
- Snorkelling and scuba diving equipment is provided
- Prescription masks are provided if required
- Lycra suits and flotation devices are provided
- Wetsuits for snorkelers are available for hire
- Guided snorkel tour and briefing at each site
- Qualified lifeguards supervise all activities
- Return to the Marina at 4.30pm
Note that a Government $6.50 Environmental Management Charge (EMC) is payable on check-in for all passengers 4 years of age and older.