The Poseidon has access to an amazing 29 different reef sites around the spectacular Agincourt Reed system at the very outer edge of the Great Barrier Reef. They select three of the best sites for each trip to make the most of the prevailing conditions on each day. You can rest assured that you will be treated to the very best diving and snorkelling out on the reef.
The crew of 12 provide snorkelling guides as well as certified scuba diving sessions. All your snorkelling and scuba equipment is provided, floatation devices, lycra suits and wetsuits, tips and tricks and even in-water assistance if required. They also give information sessions and talks on the way out to the reef so you can learn all about what you are about to experience from the experts.
Once you are out on the reef snorkelers can choose to explore the beautiful coral gardens on their own or in a guided group. There is even a Marine Biologist on hand to point out exactly what it is you are looking at in the water.
For first time scuba divers you will be in a small group that is lead by one of the instructors.
The Poseidon is the reef tour operator the local PADI dive schools prefer to use so you will find the full range of scuba courses available for more experienced divers, including private dive guides. The dives available on the outer reef include drift dives, wall and pinnacle dives.
The Poseidon is a modern vessel, a high speed catamaran that gets you to the dive sites with a minimum of fuss. They provide you with food and refreshments throughout the day.
The Poseidon is also available for private charter and would be an excellent choice for a large private party or a corporate event.
You can do scuba diving at one, two or three of the sites. The costs on top of the standard tour fee (which includes snorkelling) are as follows:
- Certified Scuba Dive (all equipment): 1 dive – $48, 2 dives – $68, 3 dives – $84
- Certified Scuba Dive (tanks & weights only): 1 dive – $38, 2 dives – $58, 3 dives – $74
- Intro Dive (all equipment): 1 dive – $70, 2 dives – $135
Your Poseidon Tour in summary:
- Return transfers from your Port Douglas accommodation are included in the tour price
- Boarding at the Marina from 8.15am (Check-in at the Quicksilver counter inside the Marina building)
- Visit 3 different dive sites at the Agincourt outer reef ribbon sites
- Snorkelling and additional Certified Scuba Diving are available
- Morning tea including tea and coffee, muffins and focaccia
- Tropical buffet lunch with prawns
- Afternoon tea with cake and tropical fruit
- All snorkelling and scuba diving equipment is provided (including prescription masks)
- Lycra suits and flotation devices are provided
- Guided snorkelling tour with a marine biologist
- Freshwater showers
- Get back at the Marina at 4.30pm
Optional Extras (available onboard):
- Snorkellers wetsuit hire
- Digital images taken on the day by a professional photographer
- Digital underwater camera hire
- All PADI dive courses
- Fully licensed bar and souvenirs
- Private charters
Note: The environmental management charge (EMC) of $6.50 per person is shown in our pricing but is paid direct to the operator on the day of the tour.