Dave Mainwaring and his partner Jenna were born and raised in tropical north Queensland and have immersed themselves in the natural beauty of this area. Dave is a Naturalist guide who has spent much of his life exploring the Daintree National Park while Jenna is a Zoologist with experience on land and in the wonderful marine environment along this coast.
Sharing their knowledge of the Daintree with an enthusiasm that comes from the heart is what makes these Daintree Wonder Tours so special. In an area that has such a rich diversity of animal and plant life, Dave and Jenna really are the ultimate hosts.
The day starts with a 7.15am pick up from your Port Douglas accommodation. You travel in luxurious and spacious air conditioned comfort which is definitely the way to get around this region and the groups, with a maximum of 10 people, are small and personalised.
There’s no better way to start the day than with a visit to the breathtaking Mossman Gorge. This beautiful place is rich in the culture of the indigenous people who have lived here for millennia and it is a special experience to learn about their history. A swim in the crystal clear water of the gorge will invigorate you like nothing else.
From there you are treated to one great experience after another. Crossing the mighty Daintree River on the cable car ferry and entering the Daintree jungle, marvelling at the gorgeous view at the Alexandra Lookout, walking along the magical Cape Tribulation beach, enjoying a delicious restaurant lunch and swimming in the blue pools of Cooper Creek, looking for crocodiles on your wildlife cruise, and all the while listening to an expert commentary on what you are seeing, hearing and smelling.
This is a day to remember and something every visitor to Port Douglas should try to do.
You day in summary:
- Pickup and drop off from your Port Douglas accommodation
- Local, experienced, Wet Tropics Accredited Guides
- Mossman Gorge rainforest walk
- Morning and Afternoon teas using local Daintree Tea and Mareeba Coffee
- Daintree River cable car ferry
- Panoramic views from Alexandra Lookout
- Cape Tribulation beach walk and lookout
- Interpretive National Park boardwalk tours
- Delicious Restaurant Lunch and blue pools swimming at Cooper Creek Heritage Lodge
- Exotic tropical ice cream at the Daintree Ice Cream Company (extra cost – optional stop, but worth it!)
- Daintree River Wildlife Cruise
- Small, personalised groups